Introducing Benvolio...

FiJi

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Display Name
Fiji
My first axolotl! Although it doesn't seem to have reached sexual maturity yet, I'm referring to it as "he", and have named him Benvolio.
I did extensive research on axolotls, (mainly on this site, as well as a couple of others) before purchasing him, so my parents had absolutely no excuses to say "no" - especially as it was all my own money.
He seems to enjoy posing for the camera, and climbing about in the plants behind his cave. Definately getting a second one as soon as possible.

Have a couple of other pictures in my own album if anybody feels particularly bored and has looked at everything else on the site and has nothing else to do :rolleyes:

Fiji

Attachments

• P7120148.jpg
    P7120148.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 243
  • P7130158.jpg
    P7130158.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 226
  • P7120146.jpg
    P7120146.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 251
Very nice - I really like the gray stones too, though they look like they'll be a pain to clean under :(.

Zoe x

Hey, thanks, I took a look at your profile, you've got some really great pictures of your axolotl.
Yeah it does get a little messy under there, but I'm as thorough as necessary - and I think the way they make him stand out is pretty funky too.
How's teh weather down in Nottingham? I just got back from a mini-break there on Monday, is it still pouring rain? It made going out a bit of a pain!

You're right, they made a really cool backdrop for him :happy:.

I am planning on getting some cherry shrimp for my tank, as hopefully, as well as being an incentive for my little hunter, they will also assist me in getting rid of the gunk that collects under all the stones and hides. I bought some shrimp a while back, but it turned out they were "feeder fish" and so didn't last the quarantine period :(.

It is absolutely chucking it down - there's not even puddles, the whole floor is like one big puddle...hope it stops by Friday as I have a night out planned :(.

Where did you go in Notts?

Zoe x

That couldn't have been
I just did the touristy things - caves at the Broadmarsh center, and the galleries of justice (rocked), didn't have time to go to the castle, though my uncle says I missed the best part.
Did you have your night out then?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back