Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Afton Crafton the Axolotl

Mintee

Reaction score
I just got this little guy nine days ago, and I think he's the cutest thing ever. :)

His tank setup is right near my desk where I sit and do homework, so I can look over at him while doing so. :D

I'll upload some more recent pictures, this one is about a week old.

Attachments

• afton.jpg
    afton.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 248

Mintee

Reaction score
It is a 15 gallon tank.

It's about under 70 litres. (I'm in the USA, so the 30 is 30 gallons and under).

thistly

Reaction score
I love his spongebob pineapple!
Yeah they are so unbelievably cute when they're that young! I kinda wish mine could have stayed that size :D

Mintee

Reaction score
Thanks, Fiona.
I almost forgot about this thread. :)

Here are some more pictures!

Attachments

• afton2.jpg
    afton2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 185
  • afton3.jpg
    afton3.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 167
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1