My tank

Quetzacoatl

Reaction score
Country
Czech_Republic
Hello,

I rebuilt my tank yesterday. Plants are small yet, but they will grow fast ;).

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 291
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 206
Your tank looks awesome - really natural and well put together. Can't wait to see photos with your Axolotl(s?) in! Only thing I would say, is that I have my spray-bar pointing against the glass, so it limits the disturbance of the water - but don't think this is a huge problem.
I'm re-doing my tank at the moment, good to have some inspiration from other people :happy:

*Edit. Oops, think I can just make out an Axolotl tail that I didn't see before. And noticed you're spray-bar has suckers attached to the glass, so you couldn't really have it anywhere else. My mistake!

Thank you for your comments. The disturbance of the water is not as high as it looks in the picture and my axie likes it, because it brings more little oxygen bubbles into the water and in the old tank, when the plants were wide-spread over the tank, he used to be lying in the plants under the spray bar, usually in the evening.

And there is...

Attachments

• axie.JPG
    axie.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 184
Awww - your Axie sure looks happy! Thanks for posting the photo :happy:
Yeah, mine sits near the spray bar as well sometimes. I'm thinking of getting an air-stone as I've seen photo's and videos of Axies who love the bubbles.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back