Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Peltier Chiller

achaykiller

Reaction score
hi, i know this is an old thread.. i'm currently building a peltier setup as well, and i'm wondering if anybody still has a pic of this setup somewhere for reference?

while mine does cool the water that passes through a water block, it baffles me that my tank temperature remains a steady 26C (original water temp is at 28C).

Wyvell

Reaction score
HI,
I just wanted to say this is a great way to go about chilling your tank, I have been thinking of putting something similar together for a while but I will say, you need to get the aluminium out. fast. It will get into the water and it is not good for the axolotl. Stainless steel that is not galvanized is the best bet for anything aquarium related. you can also use air tubing and run it through a piece of copper or aluminum but make sure they do not come in contact with the water.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!