Possible Cycling Problems!!!!

AllFall93

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys!

I'm a new Axolotl owner, and I'm having some tank problems.
I tried those tetra complete start tablets to instantly cycle my tank. Quite a few people seemed to have success with it. So I tried. The first three days, it looked great. The fourth day it got pretty cloudy. I began 25-50% water changes and it doesn't seem to do anything. Four days later, and it's still just as cloudy. I even put in Stuff to get rid of cloudiness.

I dont even have my axolotl in my tank yet. He's been in a bowl for a few days :/

I tested all of the parameters again, and everything Is still perfect, except for the pH is at 8.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it safe to put my axolotl in anyway?

Thanks!!!!

Ps: I'll post a photo of my tank in a bit!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back