Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Unusual Coloration: Chimera or Harlequin?

Bette

Reaction score
Good point! Twins have occurred a couple times in my mother's family. Every time I've become pregnant, I think... could very well be twins! Not yet though! Lol

Talking about twins in humans. My fiance is an identical twin and her second pregnancy produced identical twin boys. Talking about weird genetic taking place.

rachel1

Reaction score
Update on the chimera from the eggs I sold. She says it's 3" now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,161

Bette

Reaction score
Ok, I finally got a chance to take some new pics of Gem! He (or she!) is doing great now, eating like a champ and growing quickly all of a sudden. I soooo love this little axie, and hope that it continues to do well! :happy: I believe that it is now at least 2 inches. I just posted the updated pics in my photo gallery, but here are some for the thread as well:

Attachments

• Gem 6.25.14.jpg
    Gem 6.25.14.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 751
  • Gem says hi.jpg
    Gem says hi.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 889
  • half n half.jpg
    half n half.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 481

rachel1

Reaction score
Gorgeous! That color is getting more and more defined as it grows.

Bette

Reaction score
Thank you! I'm so excited to see how it turns out!:D

You know, I think that there was actually another chimera in the batch, but it was very tiny & died from a prolapse I think :(. And unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1