The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

View Poll Results: Would you like to attend a talk on axolotl medicine and management in Sydney?

No, i can find out all that i need elsewhere. 1 33.33%
Yes, only if its free. 0 0%
Yes, im willing to pay a small fee to cover cost of renting conference hall 2 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th August 2009   #1
Rayson
(Darkmaverick)
Veterinarian

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11
Default Talk on Axolotl Management and Medicine

Dear everyone,

I would like to find out if folks are interested in attending an hour talk on axolotl medicine and management.

If the response is good, i might hold one open for the public in sydney.

Cheers

Old 7th August 2009   #2
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Talk on Axolotl Management and Medicine

Sounds like a great idea. A small location problem for me , but if you are coming to the U.K.....

bellabelloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009   #3
blabberwort

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: blabberwort has shown reliable knowledge

I'd be surprised if the response was in the negative. It sounds a great idea, just a shame your a bit far away

I havent voted simply because of the distance so it doesnt apply for me, however had I voted I would have chosen option 3 - pay a fee towards cost :)

blabberwort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009   #4
Celeste

Nationality:
Rep: Celeste has given good advice and informationCeleste has given good advice and information

Great idea Ray!!!

Im a little bit jealous because of my location issues hehehe.

I would go for number 3 too, is a shame we are so far!

Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009   #5
Michael Shrom
(michael)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I can't make it but could make it if you did it in the Chat Room.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009   #6
Rayson
(Darkmaverick)
Veterinarian

Nationality:
Rep: Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11

The chatroom is a good idea but i won't be able to use powerpt slides or provide hand out notes.

Old 8th August 2009   #7
Markw

Nationality:
Rep: Markw has given good advice and informationMarkw has given good advice and information

If I were in Austraila, I would definately not mind paying a small fee to go in and watch a seminar on axolotl care. I think its a great idea.

Mark

Markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009   #8
coichards
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 5
Rep: coichards has shown reliable knowledgecoichards has shown reliable knowledge

Yes, I would consider going

Old 8th August 2009   #9
blabberwort

Nationality:
Rep: blabberwort has shown reliable knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmaverick View Post
The chatroom is a good idea but i won't be able to use powerpt slides or provide hand out notes.
This is probably a really stupid idea I dont know what powetrpt slides are so im assuming theyre diagrams/pictures? Maybe you could upload the images somewhere and when you need to refer to them give everyone in the chatroom the link to view them and a few minutes to view before continuing. Same for the notes, perhaps people could have a link befoe hand to print them off?

I said it was a stupid idea and probably not very practical

blabberwort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009   #10
Jadore axolotl
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 13
Rep: Jadore axolotl has started on the right path

I would have picked three but like with others it doesn't really apply to me.
Just a thought if you done it through conference call on skype then everyone could attend!

Old 8th August 2009   #11
Abrahm
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 3
Rep: Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmaverick View Post
If you were really ambitious you could do a vidcast of your presentation. Just talk over a power point presentation and then upload that.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | Dawn's Blog
Abrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009   #12
melfly
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 12
Comments: 4
Rep: melfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

You could use a meetingplace type website. Where you can share your screen so would be able to share a powerpoint presentation. And do a conference call too. So people would be able to see and hear. I worked from home for a while and this is how we did the training and how we had our team meetings.

Mel

melfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, management, medicine, talk