The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

Old 1st April 2012   #1
John
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Exclamation Forum under new ownership

As you are no doubt by now aware, I have sold the rights to caudata.org and the forum content to the company behind kingsnake.com. Last month we reached an agreement that would allow caudata.org to become an integral part of the kingsnake.com web site. Pet Hobbyist (the company in question) has agreed to continue to host Caudata Culture for as long as its owner wishes to do so.

I would like to thank you all for your friendship over the past 11 years. I will still pop in every now and again to say hello, but obviously I'm no longer in charge of the content of the site or the direction in which it will go. If you wish to stay in touch, please drop me a PM.

John

John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012   #2
Neotenic_Jaymes
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 46
Comments: 2
Rep: Neotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Forum under new ownership

Wow what a shocker! Hopefully things don't change too much.

Old 1st April 2012   #3
Chris
(iChris)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: iChris has given consistently excellent advice and informationiChris has given consistently excellent advice and informationiChris has given consistently excellent advice and informationiChris has given consistently excellent advice and information

may I ask what made you decide to sell caudata.org?

Old 1st April 2012   #4
AaronK
(AaronK)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: AaronK has given consistently excellent advice and informationAaronK has given consistently excellent advice and informationAaronK has given consistently excellent advice and informationAaronK has given consistently excellent advice and informationAaronK has given consistently excellent advice and information

John,
I wish I could congratulate you on your success but I am bothered by the news.
Had I know that the rights to this website were going to be sold for a profit I would not have donated money to caudata.org. I believe you solicited money from members in the name of a non-profit entity which you have now profited from.
It maybe sour grapes on my part but many people here contributed money to help caudata.org stay online and build the value of the website. It seems the donators have funded this website in part.

http://www.caudata.org/forum/f1-general-topics/f2-caudata-org-announcements-news/68295-caudata-org-funding-donations-re-instatement.html

I cannot put a value on the time you spent working on this project nor do I know how much money you have personally invested.

This is my gut reaction.

Aaron

AaronK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012   #5
AaronK
(AaronK)

Nationality:
Rep: AaronK has given consistently excellent advice and informationAaronK has given consistently excellent advice and informationAaronK has given consistently excellent advice and informationAaronK has given consistently excellent advice and informationAaronK has given consistently excellent advice and information

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow4aaron View Post
John,
I wish I could congratulate you on your success but I am bothered by the news.
Had I know that the rights to this website were going to be sold for a profit I would not have donated money to caudata.org. I believe you solicited money from members in the name of a non-profit entity which you have now profited from.
It maybe sour grapes on my part but many people here contributed money to help caudata.org stay online and build the value of the website. It seems the donators have funded this website in part.

http://www.caudata.org/forum/f1-gene...statement.html

I cannot put a value on the time you spent working on this project nor do I know how much money you have personally invested.

This is my gut reaction.

Aaron
Link fixed...
http://www.caudata.org/forum/f1-gene...statement.html

Old 1st April 2012   #6
Coastal Groovin
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 7
Rep: Coastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Let the adds begin!!!

Old 1st April 2012   #7
Jenste

Nationality:
Rep: Jenste has given consistently good advice and informationJenste has given consistently good advice and informationJenste has given consistently good advice and informationJenste has given consistently good advice and information

is this an APRIL FOOLS?

Old 1st April 2012   #8
grius
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: grius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenste View Post
is this an APRIL FOOLS?
I belive so.

grius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012   #9
Neotenic_Jaymes
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 46
Rep: Neotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Smells like April. Maybe I got "got". Maybe just this one time.

Old 1st April 2012   #10
Coastal Groovin
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: Coastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.org

John's hatred for Kingsnake is well known......lol. But you never do know.

Old 1st April 2012   #11
Niels D
Field Herper

Nationality:
Rep: Niels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

P.r.schrenckii/L.laoensis/P.deloustali/P.chinensis/P.guangxiensis/Paramesotriton sp (Roter Warzenmolch)/S.lacertina/Triturus macedonicus/T.dobrogicus macrosoma/T. karelinii/C.e.popei/N.viridescens/P.waltl/C.orientalis
Niels D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012   #12
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

I always knew John was just in it for the thousands of dollars he makes weekly from this site. Now he's going to enjoy his one lump million. *sigh* I am selling a magic newt for $10,000. It will grant you three wishes.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012   #13
nai live
(xxianxx)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterwoman View Post
I am selling a magic newt for $10,000. It will grant you three wishes.
What are the care requirements ? I have a spare $10,000 from last months wage.

Old 1st April 2012   #14
Johnny O. Farnen
(SludgeMunkey)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11

Gah.

I'm laughing so hard my pugs are barking.

SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012   #15
Jesse
(EasternNewtLove)

Nationality:
Comments: 28
Rep: EasternNewtLove has shown reliable knowledge

If this is a joke, I feel like some of the people who accused him of being in this for the money may be on thin ice after... I really hope this is a joke though.

EasternNewtLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012   #16
Rodrigo
(Azhael)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Oh you cruel, cruel man....youve made me die inside a little. In spain, april fools is actually on december the 27th, so im very vulnerable....
Argh when i saw the link working......
Deep breaths...

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012   #17
Niels D
Field Herper

Nationality:
Rep: Niels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternNewtLove View Post
If this is a joke, I feel like some of the people who accused him of being in this for the money may be on thin ice afte.
Those reactions only prove how hilarious this joke is. How I love this forum!

P.r.schrenckii/L.laoensis/P.deloustali/P.chinensis/P.guangxiensis/Paramesotriton sp (Roter Warzenmolch)/S.lacertina/Triturus macedonicus/T.dobrogicus macrosoma/T. karelinii/C.e.popei/N.viridescens/P.waltl/C.orientalis
Niels D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012   #18
AaronK
(AaronK)

Nationality:

Oh my...great April's Fool!
I believed it wholeheartedly this morning at 1am.

You got me good! Nice!

Old 1st April 2012   #19
Jennewt
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

That's great news, John. I guess all the mods and admins can stop doing all those pesky approvals of posts and new users. I'm heading over to kingsnake now to volunteer my services there.

Old 1st April 2012   #20
AaronK
(AaronK)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterwoman View Post
I always knew John was just in it for the thousands of dollars he makes weekly from this site. Now he's going to enjoy his one lump million. *sigh* I am selling a magic newt for $10,000. It will grant you three wishes.
I would like to trade for your magic newt, how many wishes are left? Would you consider a trade for a slightly bruised ego? Although not as big as it was before it still healthy.