Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Omega One Turtle Sticks

freves

Reaction score
This product is also marketed for use with aquatic frogs and newts. I have been using Omega One brand fish foods for the last several years because there tends to be less use of fillers and more of the main ingredient when compared to other brands on the market. Salmon and cod are listed as the main ingredients in the turtle sticks. The size and shape of the "sticks" are similar to Tetra brand Reptomin. Last evening I offered presoaked sticks via forceps to all of my caudates that will accept food in this manner and overall they all seemed to accept them enthusiastically, even more so than Reptomin. I am thinking that perhaps it is the smell. As a side note, out of curiosity I offered some to my leopard geckos and all of those individuals took them as well. I took the leftover sticks and compressed them into a ball and fed this to the pyxie frog, which will eat anything.
Chip

fishkeeper

Reaction score
Wow...did you offer the sticks to the leopard geckos on forceps? I wonder if perhaps they will have prepared leopard gecko food on the market sometime...or has that been done already.

freves

Reaction score
I think that there is/was a frozen prepared leopard gecko food on the market, at least at one time. I did offer the food on forceps and was really surprised that the lizards were so enthusiastic about it. I have to emphasize however that I feed my leopard geckos live insects most all of the time. This food is fish based so it is not something that I will offer them very frequently. Still though, I suppose that it is nice to have around in a pinch.
Chip

Critter Mom

Reaction score
Where can I find them? Sounds like I would love to have these around for my three C. Orientalis' and occasionally for my bearded dragon, though I don't know if he would actually eat it. I figure the C. Orientalis' would..at least 2 out of 3...they will eat "newt pellets" if the mood strikes them. I would be very surprised and delighted if the picky one ate it.:happy:

Thank you,
Critter Mom

Critter Mom

Reaction score
I tried looking them up online, and I could only find their fish food.:confused:

Help please?

Thanks,
Critter Mom

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!