My axolotls

Just share more different axolotls in Taiwan. We have established a good system in the axolotls breeding. Hope to facilitate more people to discuss with us.

That second one is amazing!
I think your axolotl care routine sounds good and I don't think the axolotls are in any immediate danger as long as you're strict with that routine!

That second one is amazing!
I think your axolotl care routine sounds good and I don't think the axolotls are in any immediate danger as long as you're strict with that routine!

Yes, definitely strict demands on myself to do these rules. (already for 1 year)

Thank you for your comment.

I, too, don't think we should all judge a book by its cover, as cliche as that may sound. If he's taking good care of them, which it definitely sounds like he is and is on top of things, he should be left alone.

I do, however, agree that the aquarium you have them in is too small for that many axolotls, no matter what way you wanna put it. I see that you're looking into getting a bigger tank and that's great, but if you don't have homes for some of these guys, you'd need quite a huge tank to hold that many axolotls, so you may wanna look into selling/giving some of them away to friends/family.

Anyways man, all your axolotls look to be in quite fantastic health, so your husbandry doesn't look to be lacking, they just need a bigger enclosure, and that should definitely make it easier for you, throughout your daily routine, and WAY better for them, since they look quite crowded and "snuggled up" for lack of a better phrase.

Lastly, the axolotls you guys have established are astounding! Their colours are amazing and damn that Albino with the white belly looks crazy! I wish we could someday establish that where I live in Canada, or even in the US and get some imported from there! Props to Taiwan! :p

You're axolotls look awesome thank you for sharing

Some of those colors are amazing!

Is that a Chimera there as well?

I would say this person not only knows what he's doing, but has a degree of expertise indeed.

I, too, don't think we should all judge a book by its cover, as cliche as that may sound. If he's taking good care of them, which it definitely sounds like he is and is on top of things, he should be left alone.

I do, however, agree that the aquarium you have them in is too small for that many axolotls, no matter what way you wanna put it. I see that you're looking into getting a bigger tank and that's great, but if you don't have homes for some of these guys, you'd need quite a huge tank to hold that many axolotls, so you may wanna look into selling/giving some of them away to friends/family.

Anyways man, all your axolotls look to be in quite fantastic health, so your husbandry doesn't look to be lacking, they just need a bigger enclosure, and that should definitely make it easier for you, throughout your daily routine, and WAY better for them, since they look quite crowded and "snuggled up" for lack of a better phrase.

Lastly, the axolotls you guys have established are astounding! Their colours are amazing and damn that Albino with the white belly looks crazy! I wish we could someday establish that where I live in Canada, or even in the US and get some imported from there! Props to Taiwan! :p

As much as we all agree a bigger tank would be better obviously they aren't going to change things in Taiwan or in China. sorry if I'm lumping the two together here but by putting so many animals in tiny tanks they are essentially doing the same thing. I love the beautiful color morphs as much as the next person but it really makes me sick thinking how much I put into making sure my animals are in a clean tank with enough room and hides and the people from Taiwan and China keep these guys as if they were lab animals or as if they were being farm raised for food and if that's whats going on then fine, sad but it does happen I just don't think this is the appropriate place for that.

However, as pets you expect them to live long and happy lives and this kind of treatment is borderline cruelty. When I see this it just makes me think of those horrible puppy farms and embedded collars on dogs because the owner didn't get an appropriately sized one for a larger animal.

Some of those colors are amazing!

Is that a Chimera there as well?

I would say this person not only knows what he's doing, but has a degree of expertise indeed.

Sorry to double post but yeah I'm sure they know what they're doing in the same way puppy mill owners create beautiful dogs. it doesn't mean that the pups or the parents were kept in even half way decent conditions. And seeing how they're kept, with so many animals per container, it looks like they are probably kept in a situation where they keep breeding and breeding until they see something that looks like it could be worth money. on this forum it is usually more about the accidental finds and most are raised to the best of everyone's abilities but seeing the one's we've seen from China and now Taiwan I don't think this is what's happening.

The only problem I see is not enough hides or space, aside from that they look to be kept quite healthy.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

they are so pretty!! But i do agree that the tank is too small for all those cute babies.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back