Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Melanoid GFP

KevinS

Reaction score
I wish, but that tank's still cycling. I got a used filter cartridge, added some stones from an already established tank, and I added several shrimp pellets that are breaking down, but it's taking its sweet time.

10gallonsofcool

Reaction score
He Is GORGEOUS!! I love the green with the burgundy feathers!! I want to see more pictures!! Have you named him?

KevinS

Reaction score
No, figured I'd wait until it was sexable before choosing a name. I'll try to get some more pictures soon.

KevinS

Reaction score
I've noticed these gold specks along the back that look like irridophores to me, but a melanoid shouldn't have irridophores right? Anybody know what's going on here?
P5060010.jpg

KevinS

Reaction score
They look shiny to me, but I don't know if they're actually reflective. I'll try to get a better look next time I have a chance.

Martin21114

Reaction score
Just came across the pic on the site today. What a beautiful animal. If the original poster is still on here, any chance of updated pics?

SethTheMuffin

Reaction score
Ahh!! Same as the previous poster, got here late. That GFP Melanoid has successfully swayed me in wanting my babies to breed with one in a year! I want to see what this one looks like now!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!