Educating myself about Axolotls

JoeCamaro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello ladies and gentlemen. My name is Jose, but my friends call me Joe. I am from Central Florida and I joined the forum in order to get prepared for potentially adopting an Axolotol.

I am a relatively new fishkeeper, 1 year in the hobby. My tank is a 46 gallon bow front with small community fish and live plants. I love the hobby. I have been captivated by Axolotls so I am flirting with the idea of getting one.

I am here to learn more about them and get prepared if I feel I will be able to provide what they need. I want my pets to have happy, healthy lives. If I go for it, It will take me a few months before I actually adopt one, which is good because I will be able to gather everything I need; tank, filter, decor and anything else that may be needed.

I will be reading and researching and I promise to use the Search function before posting questions.

Looking forward to learn a lot and maybe even help in the future.

Thank you!
Joe

Welcome, any questions just ask. You are at advantage having existing tank and some fish keeping knowledge a lot of the same things apply here too ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back