Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

tiger behaviour.

LauraMartin

Reaction score
hi, just wondering if tigers are terretorial or anything? i have 2, one is a definate male and the other i cant tell. the male is around and inch longer and quite a lot thicker and chunkier than the other. he has always been very greedy, usually when i forcep feed he will steal the little ones food from me, even if i put him over the other side for a bit, he wil run over and steal the food, its quite funny and cute tho. anyway today when feeding, i fed the big one a cricket first so that while he was getting that down i could feed the little one without him stealing it, but the little one wouldnt take it untill he was out of the way, also when the little one came forward for food the big one appeared to be pushing him away, sort or putting nose to nose and and pushing the little one back into the cave which he was half way out of when eating.

usually when they are out (not in cave or burrowed) the hang around together, even sit on eachother, so i dunno if its cos they like eachother or just to keep an eye on eachother. i am gonna get them a new huge exo terra when they are released over in the uk, but at the min they are only in a 45x45x45 exo terra.

rigsby

Reaction score
it will be best to take the larger of the two out when you feed the smaller one as the smaller will feel threatened and stressed at feeding time. Tigers are very greedy and prone to obeseity so keep an eye on the fatter one. They are not particularly territorial and will live happily together but keep an eye on the size difference, if they aren't fully grown and the larger one grows much quicker than the smaller you could end up with one eating the other.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!