Egg-laying Documentary

i think you do an excellent job with these beauty A. mexicanum! I breed them to, so this summer i'll update my thread too!

Many Thanks to Frank for this wonderful thread and a cute baby axolotl this Wednesday!

Now Frankenstein (or simply... Frankie lol) watches his/her little siblings develop a floor lower in our cupboard. Hubby made a thread called A Bag of Gold:

see Sovereign's "bags of Gold" here lol

We didn't want to hijack this thread :D

I wonder though if it's normal for baby axolotls to have that red blob on their left side (all of them have it and in the same spot now). Anyone knows?

great pics & will be very helpfull to me when i get my eggs delivered, will know what to look out for now. thanx.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back