Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

FYI: Neat idea to help purify water and stylish :P

totallyrad

Reaction score
i think the biggest part of keeping plants alive is proper lighting. most lights that come with aquariums can't provide proper light for a lot of plants. they sell t5 lighting now w/ bulbs for not too expensive and this will grow almost all plants haha.

but with these plants they can be kept alive with minimal lighting. I just use a "plant" bulb in my light strip and it does the job. but I'd like to invest in a nice lighting fixture once I get a 30-40 gallon.

carsona246

Reaction score
one thing to keep in mind is that peace lilly/pothos will actually die if it has too much light. I stuck a peace lilly in a fish bowl of water to acclimate it to aquatic conditions for a friends tank, and stuck it out on my balcony. I noticed that in the morning it would look really nice, but by the end of the day it would be wilted. I ended up sticking it inside where it had less light, and it stopped it's wilting.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!