Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How much food should baby axolotls have?

dudzie

Reaction score
I have 40 babies, that i feed frozen bloodworms once or twice every day.
But how much food should they get each time?
should i keep on feeding them until they stop eating, or will they eat until they explode? :p

Do they look like they have eaten too much in the photos? :)

p.s. I chop the bloodworms and put them in the tank, and the axolotls find the food by them selves. So some eat more than the others.

Attachments

• axo baby 1.jpg
    axo baby 1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 631
  • axo baby 2.jpg
    axo baby 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,395
  • axo baby.jpg
    axo baby.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 552

LSuzuki

Reaction score
Conventional wisdom is that you can't over-feed juveniles. (You can, however, put too much food in their container and foul the water.) So, feed them as much as they:happy: want to eat. Yours look pleasantly full.

dudzie

Reaction score
Thank you �� the food is always gone after a Little while, and i do water changes every day :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1