Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

“Warm” greetings from Canada ??❄️☀️ Axolotls

Do you have an axolotl?

• Total voters

Dominix

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is DominiqueJolie, I’ve appreciated this site for a long time but only now am posting my first forum!

About me:
I have 3 adult axolotls (2 wild Types, 1 black Mel)

About 4 months ago my female wild and male wild were in the same tank, separated by a barrier until my new tank was set up for my 2 males.

Long story short, my female managed to JUMP the barrier and had just enough time before I realized to apparently conceive 300 eggs.

Anywho: I took this as the beautiful opportunity it was to learn how to raise a few of the eggs. And oh boy was I blessed with beautiful babies! (I found people to care for all but 32 eggs- which I kept)

1 egg was fertilized, but the baby did not survive the hatching process. Another passed away about a week later. (Darwinism is sad but relevant in “breeding” whether intentional breeding or not)

All the remaining 30 babies grew up happy and healthy- as far as I’m concerned.
I adopted over half of them out already at 2.5”-4.5” over the past 2 months. :’)
I only have a few still waiting for their forever homes ♥

A lot of the information I’ve needed along the way has presented itself through this beautiful community, and as I grow in confidence with axolotl care, I thought that I’d have to become a more active member of the community myself.
I have still, as many of us do, much to learn!

However, forums are a great way to get a wide view on pet care in general from hands on experience from pet owners around the world- to experiences individuals
(I believe forum digging should be accompanied with research from reputable sites: ie- axolotl.org )

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and thank all of the wonderful people out there who have helped others and continue to help me on my journey as an animal enthusiast and lover.

The colours my wilds produced: white albinos, golden albinos, wild types, black melanoids!!

Of anyone sees this and would like to see my beautiful baby axies: I’ll find out how to post photos of them!

-Good Vibes-

Churr0

Reaction score
lol, I had newts growing up I loved them. Friend of mine has babies and I just could not pass one up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!