Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tank cooling success!

giventofly

Reaction score
Wanted to share my success story of finally getting my axie's tank to an acceptable temperature in the summer!

I bought two clip-on fan units from Amazon and attached them to my 30 gallon breeder tank. Unfortunately the clamps wouldn't fit over the lip of my aquarium but I was able to carefully cut a hole in the plastic to fit them on. I have one unit blowing on the water and one blowing away from the water (to take away the hot air).

Our thermostat is set at 78 degrees for the house and with the tank being in the basement and with the fans, the water consistently stays at 66 degrees! A happy axie makes a happy axie momma! :D

Here is the link to the fans I bought: Sanatop Aquarium Cooling System Fan Chiller + AC Adapter (3-Fan) Amazon.com : Sanatop Aquarium Cooling System Fan Chiller + AC Adapter (3-Fan) : Pet Supplies

Attachments

• full tank.jpg
    full tank.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 414
  • just fans.jpg
    just fans.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 352

allied123

Reaction score
What was your actual tank temperature before the fans? That's exactly the fan I was thinking of getting because I really only need it cooled a few degrees...

Erlkoenig

Reaction score
Thank you for the link. I was looking into getting a fan for my setup as well.

STCxB

Reaction score
I've been looking at these fans a little bit and I was curious how much air they move. I've been using a computer fan but it seems to be dying from running 24/7 on slightly higher power than it was rated for. I know it was able to get my old 29 gallon tank into the high 50s from maybe 74 and it was rated at about 67 CFM. But now it can only drop my 55 gallon tank down to about 66 when the house is at ~75.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!