Taricha torosa subspecies pics

P

paris

ok more taricha pics here-this time of the 2 subspecies of T torosa. the torosa torosa is from orange county one of the farthest southern reaches of its range where there are no granulosas to hybridise with. note how pale yellow the underside and top of eye are. there arent much pics for now i'll get more later. now that i have a flash it will be easier to get good ones.
14435.jpg

14436.jpg

14437.jpg

doesnt he just look sooooo happy?
14438.jpg

just for comparison here are 2 pics of my new morphs of the sierra subspecies.i call them 'sherbert newts' cause they are the colour of orange sherbert. these spent a year as larva, just now morphing at a very large size, some in the tank are over 4 inches! the torosa torosas are also still larva but not even 1/2 their size!
14439.jpg

ane here is a pic of 2 of them-you can still see some baby spots on the lower ones tail.
14440.jpg

mine looks pretty frowny as well. But it's a kind of a cute natural frown.

I'll have to go take some shots of it this weekend after I install some new interesting moss and clay pellets.

You know, it's been awhile since we've had any Taricha photos.

Happy 1 year birthday to my little guy.

DSCN1352.jpg

Looking a lot better than it did a year ago:
00911.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back