The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 25th September 2018   #1
Annika

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Annika is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Tumor on Axolotl

Hey everyone, so this is Aztec he is a 2 yr old axolotl and has recently stopped eating and has had swelling at the mouth, as of tonight he has grown two tumors on the side of his body, I'm very worried about him and think it is an organ failure, any ideas how I can help him or what it is? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4740.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	54369   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4738.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	54370   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4736.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	54371  

Annika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2018   #2
Isabella
(Dolphinlover55)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 21
Comments: 2
Rep: Dolphinlover55 has shown reliable knowledgeDolphinlover55 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Tumor on Axolotl

Hello Annika. Unfortunately it seems to me that your axolotl has 'bloat' or fluid retention. The main cause of it is usually an infection or failure of the kidney or liver. There isn't much you can do about it except take him to the vet, and hope that they are able to treat it. Do you have an exotic vet in your area?