Possibly useful PDF article

froggy

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Chris Michaels
I came across an article, entitled 'The Culture of Live Food for Sturgeon Juveniles, a Mini Review
of the Russian Literature', which briefly summarises methods for rearing large quantities of aquatic livefoods, including rotifers, moinia, daphnia, chironomids and oligochaetes. There are a couple of mistakes in names (Enchytraeus are termed Oligochaetes rather than nematodes) and in places clumsily translated, but the methods seem good. They are intended for large out-door rearing tanks, but could scaled down appropriately.

If anyone wants a copy, let me know

Chris

So it's in English?

edit: I'm sure it must be. I'm an idiot, but I'm not deleting this so that the world knows I'm not ashamed of the truth.

If it´s not too much trouble, i´d like a copy of that :)

Yup it's in English...I would love to say that I could differentiate bad Russian from good, but unfortunately not...

Azhael - certainly no trouble; that's why I wrote this post! will send you a copy ASAP

Actually, could you let me know your email address so i can send it?

(Enchytraeus are termed Oligochaetes rather than nematodes)
Enchytraeus are whiteworms. They are oligochaetes, not nematodes.

I'll message you about getting a copy of the article.

Jennewt - article sent. I didn't realise Enchytraeus were oligochaetes! Am I still right in thinking that micro and grindal worms are free-living nematodes?

Chris

If i´m not mistaken grindal worms are also Enchytraeus, which makes them annelids.

Oh! Thanks for that!!

Jennewt - your email address doesn't work.....

Chris

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back