Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Introduction

astronewt

Reaction score
Hi all, Im pleased to finally be a part of caudata.org.
I've been looking at this site ever since I had my first paddletail firebelly when I was in 6th grade back in 2006. I had them for about 6-7 years until I left to attend college back in 2012. Unfortunately the newts died while I was away and I never bothered getting any new pet because I wasn't ready for the commitment and responsibilities. Anyway, I got my first born in 2018 and started living with my partner in Jersey City NJ. We've recently got a permit to own caudata in NJ along with a pair of cynops cyanurus. I've always wanted to be involved in a habitat clean up program or participate in catch, breed, and release program of North American native species conservation. We're both aware of the Chytridiomycosis epidemic that's been causing major decline in world-wide decline of amphibian populations and is deeply concerned about it. I'm excited to join this community and I hope that I can build relationships with those who shares the same love and concern for our amphibious friends.

Attachments

• PSX_20190504_230725.jpg
    PSX_20190504_230725.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 205
  • received_2178795088881115.jpeg
    received_2178795088881115.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 189
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!