Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Toy/Model Fire Salamanders!

Mike Gent

Reaction score
Hello fellow Caudate Loonies!

Thought you might be interested in a toy Salalmandra that my son bought recently.

I have never seen any models/toys of this species (Let alone decent versions of any Caudates for that matter) so was quite impressed with this one!

5" long, reasonable detail and quite life like from a small distance (My wife thought one had escaped at least!!!!)

If any body is interested you could contact the model/toy/craft shop we bought it from:-

F J SOAR,
25, Victoria Road,
Mablethorpe,
Lincolnshire,
England,
LN12 2AF.

We paid £3.00 and i am sure the kind old lady who owns the shop would post them out to any interested.

Has anybody else ever seen models/toys of Fires or similar?

Best wishes to you all,

Mike

Attachments

• 100_1069.jpg
    100_1069.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 9,692

coendeurloo

Reaction score
Yes, you see them pretty often in souvenir shops from a zoo here in Holland. I even got a fire salamander puzzle. Maybe you see it more often here because it's illegal to keep them here, except for corsica and algira...

tmkkjj

Reaction score
Hi, Mike I also have some very realistic looking models of Fires, and also Ambystomatids and Plethodontids. The Tennesee Aquarium (U.S.A.) put out a whole series in the late 1990's. I'm not sure if they are still available, but I think they have a website you can check.

diplocaulus

Reaction score
You should search the web for SOMSO moddels, they are the best.
But also expensive!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1