Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Albino Clawed Frog

Sueshee

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2 yr old male albino Clawed Frog, Unfortunately he was a tutti frutti when I got him. I feel bad for the dye injection. Anyways I have had him in a 30 gal tall since he was a baby along with a few fish, 2 giant danios & one tetra. I am not for sure if he is just getting big or if maybe this is bloat creeping up on him. I have noticed 3 black dots on different parts of his body a couple days ago & I do not know what those are either. I called a vet & I plan on taking him but it`s not going to be for another week. I figured I can post something & hopefully someone here can help out a little.
I will add some pics, if you have any questions please ask. Another thing is I found him on his back about 2 weeks ago, I don`t know how long he was like that, but as soon as I stuck my hand in there he swam away. Is that a normal thing they do for some reason? If you need more pictures I have more or can take more. If curious I feed him worms,crickets, rosies,wax worms,headless superworms,sometimes freeze dried tubifex worms. Another thing is she has not been eating. she will smell around but will not eat anything I went out and bought some frog & tadpole pellets just to try something new & she wont eat those either. Thanks! Another thing is when he was upside down you can notice that his belly looks wrinkly, but in the others it is not.

Attachments

• IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,113
  • IMG_1555.jpg
    IMG_1555.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,809
  • IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,979
  • IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 5,176
  • froggy2.jpg
    froggy2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,605
  • froggy.jpg
    froggy.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 5,092
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!