Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Triturus Cristatus larvae photos

Alexscott98

Reaction score
Nice work get yourself on eBay and get a large bunch of elodea densa or crispa and some nice rams horn snails, if you want to keep them aquatic they’ll need the decent water quality from the live plants,the snails will eat all the crud and the newts love stalking them and eating them. Good job so far

Nice one dude I appreciate the advice. Only problem with the elodea is I never have any success on keeping the plants alive even with the correct lighting I just don't know what I'm doing wrong with them. I've added a filter now that they're bigger and stronger swimmers. And back in June I purchased ALOT of elodea and they had small worms might of been leaches and bugs in them even after I cleaned them all day so don't know what to do. I've also had no luck finding any snails in my local pet stores either and I'm from Manchester and even the big stores haven't had any in which is very strange.. one question though:

Do I need to let my cresties hibernate or am i fine keeping them how they are?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!