Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

White warts/tumors on my melanoid ???

shannon246818

Reaction score
I am really worried about my axolotl Richie Rich's health. He has had these weird white little warts/bumps on him for a while but it seems to be getting worse. He seems to be having trouble staying/ swimming straight. My other axolotl is fine and not exhibiting these symptoms.

Attachments

• IMG_7429.jpg
    IMG_7429.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_7421.jpg
    IMG_7421.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_7428.jpg
    IMG_7428.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_7431.jpg
    IMG_7431.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_7394.jpg
    IMG_7394.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_7430.jpg
    IMG_7430.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 263

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It does look like a touch of fungus. Do a search on that or go to caudata culture and see "health and illness" (see my sig->care articles).

shannon246818

Reaction score
There is nothing relating to this issue on that site... I took my axies to a vet last time they broke out in these weird hives. The vet didn't find anything in a fecal test. The hives went away but they came back again.

Mjasko

Reaction score
How is your axolotl doing? I came across your thread while trying to find out why my melanoid has also developed warts on his feet.

I would still like to get another opinion, but after searching the forum I have come to the conclusion that the cause may be columnaris. It may be harder to identify in darker axolotls, but its symptoms like pinkish streaks and lesions can be clearly seen in leucistic axolotls. I've been treating my lotl with salt baths, tea baths, and furan-2 thinking it was either a fungal or mild bacteria infection, but so far nothing has worked. Just recently, he has developed warts on his feet, in addition to faint lesion lines-- almost impossible to see. Perhaps the warts are actually lesions resulting from columnaris?

Here is a caudata article with more information. I will begin treatment for columnaris on my lotl and see if he starts getting better.

http://www.caudata.org/forum/f46-be...mnaris-infections-volumetric-holtfreters.html

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 253
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!