Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My 2 fire belly newts wont eat,

J

jennifer

My 2 fire belly newts live in a tupperware container. The bottom of the container is lined with reptile bark, and on 1 half of the container I have another smaller container filled with water, they have plenty of hiding places. They are ever in the water, always hiding, and they dont eat when they are in the water. When I feed them, I put them in the water and place 1/4 cube of frozen blood worm in there. But they dont eat, and they haven't for about a week. They are getting really skinny. And when I find them they are always hiding and curled up not moving. If this makes sense please help me I dont think they'll last much longer

ryan

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of your tank. Try live food like earthworms and blackworms. Also don't put them in the water when you feed them just put the food on the land and be patient, hopefully they will eat it.

J

jennifer

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!