Sex my new ribbed newts?

kewzoo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think I've finally figured out how to post a picture! Hope I'm right!

Anyway, from this rather unrevealing picture, does anyone with experience have a hunch about the sex of these two?

Thanks!

I hope this works:
kewzoo-albums-spanish-ribbed-newts-picture32049-2-new-newts-their-carrying-tank-can-anyone-venture-opinion-sex-based-picture-one-left-has-longer-tail-but-you-cant-see.jpg

They did n't post that time either. Try attaching a file by clicking the "manage attachments" button below the text box :)

There they are :D Looks like two females.

Thanks for the reply! The smaller one has started eating like crazy, but I haven't seen the bigger one eat. I hope she's okay.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back