Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: 1 adult axie, can I co hab 2 stunted adults with her?

Victoriablub

Reaction score
I've had 1 adult axolotl for 3 years now and she's been living by herself for all of those years. I recently rescued 2 axies off of Craigslist and was told they're a year and a half old but they're growth is stunted. The bigger one out of the 2 stunted is 7 or 8 inches and thin, and my big girl that I had for 3 years is more like 11 and fat. Ive been thinking about buying a 40 gallon for all of them to share, but before I make that investment I want to ask the more knowledgeable; should I? I don't want anyone to get hurt or eaten. The 2 little ones have grown all their legs back recently after about 2 or 3 months of nursing them and feeding night crawlers. Should I try to grow out the 2 more before adding them with my 3 year old, even though I'm not confident they'll grow much more?(severely stunted) Or is it okay to put them all in a 40 gallon with a lot of hides?

Victoriablub

Reaction score
I just re-measured my oldest, she's actually 10 inches. It's fine to just have a bunch of pvs/abs elbows and planters? I would assume if I keep her well fed like I usually do she wouldn't try to snack on anything else, but I'm still nervous about her with other axies, she's been a lone wolf for a long time now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!