Are new borns able to eat live blood worms?

J

jay

Are new borns able to eat live blood worms? I know they can eat brine shrimp but they die fast and wreck your water. I havn't got any babies but i think my wild-type might be.

They;ll eat the tiny bloodworm (I usually sift through my mozzie bucket and grab the bloodworms out of the bottom). You should see if you can get some daphnia, or if you have any bloodworm larvae (midge/sandfly larvae) chances are you'll find tiny mozzy larvae which they also eat.

As long as you do daily waterchanges and make sure not to put too much in, you soon get the hang of how much they need to eat or not. I do prefer feeding the mozzy larvae, daphnia and bloodworm but find with our cold spell it's easier dealing with hatching brineshrimp inside. I keep bbs in a separate container (after rinsing of brine and they last about 4 days)

If yours do have eggs , you don't have to raise them, you could sell/give away the eggs or leave them in the tank.

If i do get eggs i wana raise 5. Thanks for the help Kapo. Also is it true that you can put a baby in the tank with mama and the baby eats small bacteria or something

Yes I agree with Karrie, Mama will eat baby!

But I think I know what you mean, some breeders I know tend to use tankwater from parent/adult axie tanks they have to do the axie baby water changes (as there are microorganisms in the water which they may feed off). This is ok if the tank/s in question are fully cycled with no water parameter problems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back