View Desktop Site Register
Caudata.org - Newts & Salamanders
Axolotl General Discussion>Salmon pellets
Celeste 21:05 9th December 2008
Hi everyone!!!

I have read about salmon pellets, and I have a question.... does anybody has used this salmon pellets?? any experience??

http://www.shop.edsflymeat.com/categ...4?categoryId=5

is this a good food?? I have read about the AGSC salmon pellets, and I dont know if this food is the same thing.

Thanks!!

Kaysie 22:25 9th December 2008
They appear to be the same pellet that AGSC uses (Rangen brand).

John 22:33 9th December 2008
I believe the owner of Edsflymeat is a member on the forum here, although he doesn't make it known. So perhaps he can answer the question for you.

If these are the Rangen pellets (the only ones I have used) then yes they are an excellent complete food for axolotls and I highly recommend them.

geosheets 23:27 9th December 2008
They are Rangen pellets. I just contacted edsflymeat a few weeks ago on them. The folks at Rangen are actually who referred me to edsflymeat since I didn't want to buy a 50 pound box from them. Michael Shrom, who is also a member here, sells them as well.

Celeste 21:20 10th December 2008
Thanks!!! I will try them... just another question... how many pellets do you feed your axies?

John 21:23 10th December 2008
Use the 15 minute rule a few times a week.

Celeste 22:15 10th December 2008
Thanks!!! I guess this is to let them eat for 15 minutes, and everything they didnt eat, take it away, right???
sorry about my english by the way

John 22:54 10th December 2008
Kind of. You feed them as many as they will eat in 15 minutes, no more. Don't just throw a bunch of pellets in unless you are sure they will all be eaten in a few minutes.

Celeste 06:22 18th May 2009
Hi!!!

This is an old thread, but wanted to be sure!!! I got the small pellets (3 mm) and currently have 2 female axies, the breeder told me they are 5 months old and their sizes are 17.5 and 16.5 cms. I have been following the 15 minute rule, and I am a little concerned about the amount of pellets they eat!! Just being curiose, I was counting, and they ate 93 pellets (each one). I was reading the feeding routine in the AGSC, and they say that when axies are 1 year old, they feed 3 or 4 times a week no more than 5 big pellets!!
Im concerned as I dont know, but I guess, this is too much and I dont want to overfeed them. Their poo, as you can guess, is really big in quantity, they arent stressed and very healthy.

I know each animal is different, but Im thinking this might be excessive!! They eat pellets twice a week and earthworms once a week?

I feed them in separate containers, but when i feed them worms (3 - 8 each one depending on the size) the big axie turns agressive (wants to eat more?) so I am lost about this.

Could someone help me or share any experiencie?

Thanks in advance!

b00f 06:37 18th May 2009
93 Pellets, in one sitting?

WOW!

I have Pellets which are about the roundness of a Pencil, and I give them 3-6 pellets every 4-6 days.

I find by feeding less, water is easier to manage.

Can you find any pictures of the pellets on a website or something Chels?

Ps. Well done with your new babies!
I hope your dad helps setup a brineshrimp (Sea Monkeys basically) colony so you can feed your new little ones.

callina 07:26 18th May 2009
93 pellets .....thatīs far too much.

They shouldnīt eat no more than 15 pellets (3mm) 3 times a week. Pellets are a very nutricious diet and if an axies eats too much, it will become thick and problems with his liver are probable.

-Tina-

Celeste 18:53 18th May 2009
Hi Guys!!! Thanks for the tip....

here is the link:

http://www.shop.edsflymeat.com/produ...5&productId=74

I think they arenīt really 3 mm, as being soft and not regular or equaly shaped, most of them are the way b00f mentioned, like the diameter of a pencilīs graphite.

I have a little (not that little) earthwor farm, I probably try brineshrimp in future (when I can find good ones).My mom used to have fishes and feed them with this, and they died soon, so I think the quality of them in my town is poor.

Luckyly I havent feed them as much many times, so next feeding time, they will be given less, Im thinking 15 as Callina nicely recomends!!

Should I cut down the number of earthworms too?

Thank you for you helpfull responses!!

John 19:18 18th May 2009
Those are just the Rangen salmon food pellets.

axolotlgangster 04:12 22nd May 2009
Originally Posted by Celeste:
Hi Guys!!! Thanks for the tip....

here is the link:

http://www.shop.edsflymeat.com/produ...5&productId=74

I think they arenīt really 3 mm, as being soft and not regular or equaly shaped, most of them are the way b00f mentioned, like the diameter of a pencilīs graphite.

I have a little (not that little) earthwor farm, I probably try brineshrimp in future (when I can find good ones).My mom used to have fishes and feed them with this, and they died soon, so I think the quality of them in my town is poor.

Luckyly I havent feed them as much many times, so next feeding time, they will be given less, Im thinking 15 as Callina nicely recomends!!

Should I cut down the number of earthworms too?

Thank you for you helpfull responses!!
i feed mine 3 in the morning and 3 in the night

Celeste 21:06 23rd May 2009
thanks Axolotlgangster!!! what size are your axies?

Gim 21:48 23rd May 2009
Does anyone know if these are available anywhere in the UK? Mail order is preferable really

Thanks

axolotlgangster 18:13 9th June 2009
Originally Posted by Celeste:
thanks Axolotlgangster!!! what size are your axies?
13 to 14 cm 5 to 6 in.

Tags:pellets, salmon
Reply Up
AdminCP