Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

GBR Press: Frog found in empty beer can

wes_von_papineäu

Our Roving Correspondent
Reaction score
THE VISITOR (Morecamb, UK) 29 September 08 Frog found in empty beer can
Photo at URL below: Frog’s Legless: Sylvia Williamson with the frog she saved from a beer can.
Visitor reader Sylvia Williamson was 'caught on the hop' when she discovered a frog trapped in a beer can in her garden.
The frog was lucky not to have 'croaked it' inside the can but Sylvia soon cut it free.
She explained: "I picked up the empty beer can and it felt quite heavy so I peeped inside to find a pair of eyes peeping back.
"At first I though it was a snake but then I realised it was a frog which had squeezed through the small opening but was now trapped and couldn't get out.
"I had to use a tin opener to release the frog and I found he was quite a big frog (perhaps he had been on the beer) but I realise he would have died without help.
"He has recovered well and I've called him Fred. He is happily swimming in my pond.
"Now, whenever I see a beer can I check first to see if anything is trapped inside before putting it in the bin."
Fred has certainly 'spawned a good tale!'
http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/morecambe-news/Frog-found-in-empty-beer.4440495.jp

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!