Help. My axolotls have laid eggs!!!

T00thless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've had my axolotls for about a year and they've lived very happily together. On Friday morning I woke up to find that they had laid eggs. I had to go to work (and get 3 kids to school) so after some very quick research, I put them in some plastic containers, lifeless and left them floating in the tank (with water). I then chucked some pellets of food in the tank as I figured mum would probably be hungry. Anyway got home from work, the eggs seemed fine, a few more eggs had been laid and the food hadn't been touched. My husband and I set about moving the eggs to a tank.the trouble is some of the food debris has gotten stuck to the jelly and I'm now worried that this will cause the eggs to fungus. There is an air stone in the tank and we will be doing partial water changes daily. Does this sound about right, and will the eggs be ok with the food debris in the tank.
Thanks for your help xx

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back