Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Which colour is...?

Which colour is more active?

• Wild type

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • Golden albino

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • White albino

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Leucistic

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Copper

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Other colours my brain isn't suggesting to me :D

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

Star

Reaction score
Which of your axies do you find is the most active? I'm intrigued if certain colours are more active than others. My gold looks like s/he's on drugs, my 2 wilds are reasonably active and my 2 leucies just sit and chill, occasionally coming up the top when they spot the bringer of food :D

ZoeT94

Reaction score
Well, Pinky is, but she is more agile than Sir-Podge....after all... he is podgey...;)

iSuzie

Reaction score
well every golden i have seen is pretty active, but thats just at pet shops, cos iv never seen anyone actually keep axies.. the only ones out of pet shops i have seen are my own lmao, and my male golden is a nutter! he swims back and forth all the time, doing laps and going up for air and just in general he is super active. im hoping he is showing off to the female xD the rest of mine just chill and climb their plants except when its dinner time lmao but yes i do agree its the personality of each one, but for the poll, id say golden :wacko:

Aimzs Lotties

Reaction score
My Leucistic is actually the most active of my 3. Though he's not as active now in my shallow tank.. Makes me want to go back to a high tank (except for the ease of cleaning for this one).

All very cute though! They love the new tank rearrange! :)

yellowpebble

Reaction score
My females are active as... an my males, not so much. you hardley see them, i think the only time they move is when there is food. I always thought it was gender with mine, but other people are putting down to colour so i reckon it is just an individual thing.

The females are wild and melanistic, so for me it is the darker colours

Saint

Reaction score
My golden is soooo active jumping over the divider I have in my tank and splashing about, where as my wild type stays in his house most of time occasionally wanders out to his plants and rocks.

dipsydoodle

Reaction score
I have a golden, a leucstic and an albino and in that order they are the most active. The golden one is the most active one yet the leucstic is the most nosey.

cml

Reaction score
I have 2 axolotls, one wildtype and one golden albino.
The golden is by far the most active of the two, he loves swimming and moves around the tank. The wildtype is not as active, he's happy chilling in the same spot for hours.

katie11122

Reaction score
i have one of each not including my childhood pet aroara which is a golden but has a real pearly look to her. she is getting on in years (8-9) and has been though alot! so she looks a little worse for wear but her colour is beautiful like i have never seen, maybe because she is so old!

Loobylou

Reaction score
2 of my goldens are very active, the other is quite podgey and he/she is quite lazy! 3 of my albinos spend nearly all day swimming up and down their tank doing lengths, but the other 2 aren't quite so active. Leucistic-wise, I have one that likes to float a lot (hence the name boat!), but the others don't swim very much, they just wander up and down. My wildies are mean, they don't swim around an awful lot, but they aren't very sociable towards each-other, they seem to nip quite a bit, which is why I now have them back in separate 2 ft storage boxes. Might have to sell some more :( silly anti-social axies!

Dunny

Reaction score
Leucistic is the most visually appealing to me. That is out of the ones I have seen on here. I have yet to see them in person. I might have a change of heart after seeing some in person. All in all. I think they are all fascinating.

Sweetie

Reaction score
Dunny, you don't seem to have addressed the question.
Meanwhile, it does seem that a consensus is being reached here - the goldens are definitely most people's choice for most active. Obviously, personality is important, as are water conditions, and the gender effect would be very interesting to look at, but where I thought colour would have zero impact on activity levels, this poll at least does seem to have produced the answer 'golden'.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!