Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Can he get out?

Stez

Reaction score
Hello, yesterday I got my first axie and he's great (don't actually know the gender but I'd like a he for some reason), however he has this little cave that he's taken to hiding in. I'm just wondering, can he get out? The interior floor of the cave is smooth plastic and I heard that axolotls need something to grip on to to be able to move.
Also, I know the picture makes the background look extremely bright but it's really not!
http://**************/photo/my-images/11/cavebw.jpg/

Stez

Reaction score
That's image shack dot us... I don't know why it censored it :(

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
We don't allow hosting of imageshack photos. Try uploading it directly to your post by clicking 'go advanced' and attaching the picture.

fishcakey

Reaction score
That's a huge looking cave, he should be able to get out. And axolotls don't have to have substrate to move, it's just less stressful on the axolotl when there is a substrate. If you're really worried, just move him out or put some sand in there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!