Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Salamander/Frog replica Collection

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
This is how I am currently keeping my toy/replica collection. The replicas are sitting on cut glass that I had laying around. The glass is set on worm containers I kept. I do have a couple more replicas on the way!

I did receive a Fire Salamander all the way from London, from a nice person on here. JessKB also came through with his promise. The promise was if he gives me his toy Necturus that I would have to take him out and find a real one. That mission is complete!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 938
  • IMG_0589.jpg
    IMG_0589.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 932
  • IMG_0590.jpg
    IMG_0590.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,761
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:

kiathepooch

Reaction score
Here is my newest addition to the collection. All the way from England from a very nice Caudata.org member. This is one of the greatest recent gifts I've gotten lately! Can't beat a free Salamandra in the mail from across the ocean!

That one is mint!though I am slightly biased as I too have one....maybe we could breed them lol

Sent,using the power of my mind.....

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Got this new replica from my recent adventure! It was available in a gift shop at the Sugarlands Visitor Center in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. There's also a picture of a real Red Cheek Salamander/Plethodon jordani I found under some bark.

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,147
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 799
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,958

molarlion

Reaction score
I just got that same Red-Cheeked Salamander Replica on eBay a few months ago (tagless) and have been trying to research it ever since! Is there any useful information on the tag? I would love to know the manufacturer. (what if they make more for different parks?? :)) Here are some pics I snapped comparing it to the Tennessee Aquarium Collection. I thought for sure it was a missing member from the group.

P3130116.jpg

P3130113.jpg

P3130112.jpg

P3130110.jpg

P3130101.jpg

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
I just got that same Red-Cheeked Salamander Replica on eBay a few months ago (tagless) and have been trying to research it ever since! Is there any useful information on the tag? I would love to know the manufacturer. (what if they make more for different parks?? :)) Here are some pics I snapped comparing it to the Tennessee Aquarium Collection. I thought for sure it was a missing member from the group.

Safari LTD makes the replica. They exclusively provide replicas to certain places/parks/aquariums. I did investigate a little and its impossible to find a list of all salamander replicas that Safari LTD makes. Maybe if you had a business account with Safari LTD it would be easier to get information on their replicas.

The tag booklet gave a brief shallow description of the Red Cheek Salamander and its habitat in the Smoky Mountains. It mentions which family of salamander the Red Cheek belongs to and it even had the genus and species name.

Let me know if you have luck finding other salamander/newt replicas. Ebay is good for "kaiyodo/choco" replicas. Big zoos and aquariums nationwide are known to have exclusive replicas.

Last edited by a moderator:

jewett

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I bought these figurines on line some years ago (I think I heard about them from someone on this forum). They are the only caudate toys/replica's I have. They have no manufacturer info on them and I have no idea whom I purchased them from, but I like them. They are realistic enough that sometimes when I just glance at them on the shelf I panic for a moment that I have 2 synchronized Cynops ensicauda escape artists! But this tiny collection pales with some of yours!

Attachments

• 100_1710.jpg
    100_1710.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 5,058
  • 100_1711.jpg
    100_1711.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,145
  • 100_1712.jpg
    100_1712.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 916

molarlion

Reaction score
Those are the Swordtail Newts (Amani & Okinawa).. part of the ChocoQ series by Takara. Japan has so many great little salamander/newt gashapon figures.. i have at least 15 so far. I'm dying to get the Japanese Giant Salamanders from the new Kyoto Aquarium set, but they're ridicuously expensive on ebay

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
I bought these figurines on line some years ago (I think I heard about them from someone on this forum). They are the only caudate toys/replica's I have. They have no manufacturer info on them and I have no idea whom I purchased them from, but I like them. They are realistic enough that sometimes when I just glance at them on the shelf I panic for a moment that I have 2 synchronized Cynops ensicauda escape artists! But this tiny collection pales with some of yours!

Kaiyodo makes some of the best replicas ever. They're best known for Anime/Manga replicas. But their Animal Tales series is classic.

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
This guy just in from Hong Kong. Polliwog Pacman Frog.

Attachments

• IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 861
  • IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 528

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Some new additions. Ambystoma mexicanum/Axolotl and Ambystoma opacum/Marbled Salamander.

Thanks (Caudata.org member Francois) for the Marbled Salamander. Lovely gift!

Attachments

• IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,267
  • IMG_1897.jpg
    IMG_1897.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 806

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
All the way from Japan. A figurine of a Cynops pyrhogastor and a limited edition Andrias japonicus.

Attachments

• IMG_3615.jpg
    IMG_3615.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_3616.jpg
    IMG_3616.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 471

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Got the following from Michael Shrom. Thanks Michael.

Triturus cristatus/Great Northern Crested Newt

Plethodon yonahlossee/Woodland salamander

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 508
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!