Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Broken Test Strips?

G

genevieve

In my two years with Milo I've never had a water problem until I got some new strips today. My readings have always been normal, but now I'm getting:

Ph: 7.6 (normal)
Ammonia: 0 (normal)
Nitrate: 0 (normal)
Nitrite: 10 ppm (What?!)

Any ideas on this one? I switched to the Jungle strips if that helps. Thank you!

S

sharn

are you sure you didnt get nitrite and nitrate mixed up? cause its more normal to have 10ppm with nitrate. i suspect your new kits are off, do you have access to another test kit (ie LFS tests it) to see what the readings are on that one? they can vary quite a bit between brands but theres a serious problem if the nitrite reading is true (and i think your axie would be showing signs of it), if it turns out there isnt any nitrite get your money back!

G

genevieve

I quadruple checked that I didn't mix up the nitrate and nitrite readings and I had it right, but I just realized the strips expired a year ago. Maybe that's what's wrong, lol...

S

sharn

could very well be lol, let us know what the real readings are haha

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!