Anyone have experience with Hatch N Feeder BBS Hatchery?

Two things spring to mind. I found that when raising brine shrimp, they hatched better when the water was warmer. Axolotl larvae are better raised in cool water. Also you will need to rinse the shrimp prior to adding them to the tank. I suspect this would not be so good for raising axolotl larvae.

Well i'd be using it for Kaiseri larva, and the shrimp are cleansed in a freshwater chamber that prevents saline water from mixing with the tank. The only negatives in the reviews are that the suction cup is weak, which could be potentially disastrous, but also an easy modification. This device allows for the bbs to swim directly out of the hatching chamber, through fresh water, and into the larva tank.

I intend to use this for some of my fish fry. I ordered it, and have it with me. For axolotls, I would let the brine shrimp siphon out into a separate tank before putting them in.

That's an option. I was hoping I would be able to actually set this up in the rearing tank so the pups would have a constant supply of food. Running it outside of the tank pretty much defeats the purpose and I'll probably stick with a soda bottle/pitcher method

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back