Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ay

Kofi Kobra

Reaction score
I have always really liked salamanders, I am not sure why but for some reason I do. Maybe it was the excitement I felt as a child after turning over that lucky rock or log and finding one. Or maybe it is because as a child I really enjoyed Pokemon (still do) so I felt like thats what I was actually doing finding Pokemon. Usually they were red backs but then there was the rarer occasion of finding a spotted salamander. Even to this day though I still have the same feeling when I find one. For the longest time I never actually knew salamanders existed. I live in Maine, USA so there is not too much time to find them either which might make it more fun. I have grown fond of the spotted salamanders, and I actually have one in a tank now, I've hide it for about 2 weeks. I'm not sure what to name it (I was thinking Gilligan). I want to start to make videos on this salamander and soon others and kind of do an "Ants Canada" kind of thing on YouTube with the videos. The only species of salamanders I have found out of the 9 species of salamanders in Maine I have only found 3 (Red Eft, Spotted, and Red back) I have found 2 others but those were when I was younger so I choose not to count those considering I am not sure which ones they are but for sure different than the others. I would like to eventually find them all. I am kind of rambling at this point so that is the end of this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!