The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Old 8th January 2019   #1
MuGuiKeu

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: MuGuiKeu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to stop female from laying eggs

Hello!

I have a full grown female (about 3 years old) and a male. They both had several times eggs (5 times in 2018). I've learned today that my male did lay his "sperm tower" once again, so I' expecting eggs again soon. As I'm not in my country and I'd like to give a break to my poor little girl, is a tank divider enough? My tank is big enough to be separated in 2, but I'd like to know if it will be enough from preventing her from having more eggs for the next couple of months.

Thanks for your help! And sorry for the potential mistakes; I speak French :)

MuGuiKeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: How to stop female from laying eggs

A divider should be enough, just make sure they can't jump it!

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote