Clamp Light?

P

patrick

I saw some heating lamps like you would use for a reptile that had a clamp on them so that you could clamp them say to the edge of your tank or onto the shelf on which your tank was sitting. I was wondering if there were any low heat lights for lamps like this? It would be really convenient for the one tank that I have which does not have a hood. would a light that has low wattage be low heat? how does that relationship work exactly?

I guess what I am asking is are there any bulbs that would fit in a normal "heating lamp" shaped lamp or desktop lamp that are equivalent to a fluorescent light?

Do those fixtures fit a standard light bulb? If so, there are compact fluorescent bulbs that would fit.

You're referring to incandescent fixtures Patrick, and Jen is referring to the energy efficient long lasting low heat fluorescent bulbs that fit in an incandescent fixture.

Using those terms at a hardware store will get you all the help you need in finding the compact fluorescents Jen is speaking of.

And yes, generally, a high wattage bulb is using more energy/creating more heat, where a lower wattage bulb creates less heat, but almost any normal incandescent bulb if kept too close to an enclosure emits more heat than you would want, but the compact fluorescents are the perfect alternative.

They cost a bit more, but your energy savings and environmental impact make up for the price, you should actually try and replace all your normal lightbulbs in your house with the compact fluorescants.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back