Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axie gills SHRINKING!!!!!!

FX1C

Reaction score
Jerome wants a test kit and is happy to receive one buy post. His mother has finally agreed to let one be posted to his place so that is great. Does anyone have a supplier that delivers to the Philippines? Jerome will get me an address today so it would be good to get it to him ASAP. We then just need to support Jerome to change his water until it arrives.

Kerry I've offered before & it still stands. When you get the address let me know & we can arrange for it to be delivered to Jerome. I hope that in realising how much other people care about his axolotl it will inspire Jerome to take better care of his axolotl :)

Thank you for putting in the hard work to get the message across Kerry - you must have the patience of a saint! 0:)

<3 >o_o< <3

Kerry M

Reaction score
Kerry I've offered before & it still stands. When you get the address let me know & we can arrange for it to be delivered to Jerome. I hope that in realising how much other people care about his axolotl it will inspire Jerome to take better care of his axolotl :)

Thank you for putting in the hard work to get the message across Kerry - you must have the patience of a saint! 0:)

<3 >o_o< <3

It has taken almost 19 hours to get the details that I need. I hope they are right, Jerome has ensured me that they are. Just thinking I might add those drops too :)

Kerry M

Reaction score
Well the test kit and water ager drops will be picked up by the courier ? tomorrow and taken to Jerome and his little ones. Yay! ?

I have suggested that Jerome puts the axies into a new container using tap water that has been treated with the drops, and then he can test the axolotl tank to see what has been happening. I have asked Jerome whether he could write down or take photos of the tests so that he can get some tips especially if the water needs to be changed.

I am sure that we can all give him a hand so that his axies have a very comfortable tank to live in.

Good tip to read the instructions very carefully. That video will be very useful, what a good idea to post it. ?

Alkylhalide

Reaction score
Yay I'm so excited! Is there anything else you need help with? I am always willing to help out if I can :)

Kerry M

Reaction score
Well we need to explain to Jerome about cycling in a clear and simple way. If anyone has something already or wants to make it you can email it to me at kerry.marchant7@gmail.com and I can forward it to him.

When Jerome tests the water we may need to support him if he needs to remove all the water and start with fresh water. Perhaps I should have got him a siphon for water changes... At least there is a brilliant supplier there, the website is www.fevmarine.com
They have everything that Jerome will ever need for his axie, and the prices are reasonable.

Kerry M

Reaction score
Hey guys good news!! thnx Sherry M i had my very 1st test kit!!!!
here's a pic:

IMAG0448 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Now you have the fun task of learning how to use it. Make sure you follow the instructions and put the right number of drops in. And remember to collect the water from the middle of the tank like in the video. And to fill the test tubes just to the line. I'm sure you'll have plenty of people to help you understand the tests.

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score
Now you have the fun task of learning how to use it. Make sure you follow the instructions and put the right number of drops in. And remember to collect the water from the middle of the tank like in the video. And to fill the test tubes just to the line. I'm sure you'll have plenty of people to help you understand the tests.

how long would it take to test the water? because i only have 10-20mins free time before going to school

FX1C

Reaction score
how long would it take to test the water? because i only have 10-20mins free time before going to school

Testing the water doesn't take long at all - max 10 mins. But best to do after school when you have more time. After testing you should do a small water change if required then test again.

Don't forget to post the test results on here :)

Please read the instructions very well & follow them -
NITRATE test requires bottle #2 be shaken very well for 30seconds before using and it needs to be shaken with the test water & #1 fluid in test tube to be shaken well for a minute - then left for 5 minutes before checking colour against indicator sheet.

Please take this seriously Jerome -
I hope you see we do care about your axolotl getting properly looked after!

KerryM was very kind to send you that & you didn't even get her name right when thanking her.

<3 >o_o< <3

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score
High range ph - 8.4
ph - 7.6
ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 5.0 ppm
there's the result are these ok for my axolotls?:confused:

FX1C

Reaction score
High range ph - 8.4
ph - 7.6
ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 5.0 ppm
there's the result are these ok for my axolotls?:confused:

Those are actually pretty good results Jerome - it means your tank seems to be cycled :) - test it again in a couple of days to see if it's changed.

Did you enjoy doing the tests? Did you feel like a mad scientist? :D

What is the tank temperature? That is very important to check too :)

<3 >o_o< <3

Alkylhalide

Reaction score
I just bought the master test kit today and i cant wait to go home and play with my new toy! It looks like fun *needs to get out more*

Kerry M

Reaction score
Those are actually pretty good results Jerome - it means your tank seems to be cycled :) - test it again in a couple of days to see if it's changed.

<3 >o_o< <3

Jerome has just put new water in the tank before the test kit arrived so he'll need some help with cycling.

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score

<3 >o_o< <3

O_O the tatatank... temp i dont have a thermometer D: and also it was great to use that test kit but i am extra careful not to burn my self , as i have red the instruction Corrosive so i became extra careful , and it was great and fun , i felt like a chemist ;) not a mad and also should i throw the tests in a sink or a sewage hole (the liquid with testers)?? And also seeing that they stopped floating.... And also My ph is high is it ok?

Kerry M

Reaction score
O_O the tatatank... temp i dont have a thermometer D: and also it was great to use that test kit but i am extra careful not to burn my self , as i have red the instruction Corrosive so i became extra careful , and it was great and fun , i felt like a chemist ;) not a mad and also should i throw the tests in a sink or a sewage hole (the liquid with testers)?? And also seeing that they stopped floating.... And also My ph is high is it ok?

Try testing the PH of the tap water so you can see if it is the same as the tank.

snuggly time

Reaction score
Yay Jerome! You're doing great. You just need to keep up with water changes and checking the water and hopefully your axie will get better and live a much healthier life.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!