Sick Whites Tree frog

flutterbilady

Reaction score
Country
United States
Please help my new baby is sick. I just got him/her a week ago. At the time it didn't have any mark or discoloration on it. I saw yesterday he ( his name is Freaky Frog) had a reddish spot on his back just behind his left ear. This morning it is slimy looking and puffy. :confused: This afternoon it's on both sides red/brown in color and bumpy. :eek: If you need pics i can get them. Someone please help my boy. I had him in w/my other white, she has never had a problem other than being a brown green from day one. The hab is clean w/filtered water, substrate and soil, and w/live plants.:frog:

You say that you "had him" with the other frog - have you separated them? That is the first thing I would recommend - quarantine. All newly-acquired animals need a quarantine period so they don't infect established animals. It's not uncommon for new animals to arrive with diseases, or become ill due to stress from the wholesale/retail process.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any advice on treatment. You should try to find a vet that treats exotics.

I removed him as soon as i saw the "infection". Baby (my female) has never had any problems so I moved him this morning. Freaky was w/other frogs when I got him. Prior to getting him I watched him at the store for a week. He was in a tank w/other Whites and all looked healthy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back