Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Getting set up for RED CHERRY SHRIMP!! Yay!! :D

tmorgan

Reaction score
:D
So I just ordered some berried red cherry shrimp and I am so excited!!! Cant wait to get them started! :)

Anyways. Just wondering if anyone knows of a great site that has tips and tricks for raising RCS? I have two tanks for them. One is a 25 gallon and another is a 5 gallon. Also I could possibly use a 55 gallon if I needed to.

tmorgan

Reaction score
Also, is there some good food that increases breeding? I have the pellets and the calcium they need but was wondering if there is anything else I need? I also ordered some java moss to put in the tank as well. :)

tmorgan

Reaction score
Well the tank is set up. :) I will try to take pictures soon. They have gravel and java moss and a moss ball in there. Anything else I should add? :D

tmorgan

Reaction score
Also, three of my 13 shrimp molted. :eek: Is this a good sign or a bad sign? I took it as a good sign because to me, that signifies growth. Is this correct?

Thank you! :bowl:

tmorgan

Reaction score
Well they are molting some more and now I am seeing little babies everywhere!! :) I am wondering how many little shrimps a 10 gallon can house? Hopefully... a lot! Haha. :eek:

I haven't been able to take any pictures. My camera is not working, and I've had it for only a year. :( Bummer.

I also put in some plastic plants that had some algae on them into the shrimp tank so they could clean it. Success!!! :proud:

Lua

Reaction score
I just ordered cherry shrimp for my ten gallon too! I'm way too excitied lol :) Never kept them before, its nice to know that yours aren't posing any problems! What do you feed them on?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!