My wonderful chimera <3

A little late to the party, but wow he's (she's?) so pretty! <3 What a lovely baby. Chimeric animals are so fascinating, it's really cool to see a progression of pictures like this.

He is still doing great :)

I will take some more pictures soon!

He is still doing great :)

I will take some more pictures soon!

His or her new home is beautiful and what a cool axolotl! The prettiest chimera I've ever seen too. Lovely !

'Halfy' and his buddy in action, poor girls... :p

Axolotls mating - YouTube

oh, and my whiny cats in the background, I was on my way to feed them when I saw the axolotls so busy :p

My goodness!!

Not only is he hung, but he's not taking no for an answer! :eek::eek:

Just a quick shot from this morning, show how Halfy's halves are not only diffirent in color but also shape :)

Halfje.jpg

Thanks Michael! I'll submit some photo's next time :)

The tank is 152 gallon and the bio-filter is another 50 gallon

omg that chimera is gorgeous. why do you say make his new owner happy? did Bram sell him..?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back