Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Setup for future lotl

joebot97

Reaction score
Here's some pictures I took of the setup I have for the axolotl I plan to get sometime very soon. It's all cycled and ready to go. The rocks on the right form a little cave hide (supported well so it won't collapse). The filter is an Aqueon and the flow was pretty bad so I DIY'd my own baffler which redirects most the flow to the surface. The substrate is black sand. I have some thriving duckweed in there at the top, all the other plants are fake but awesome. I have a light above the tank so I can see better (it's actually in a closet so it stays cooler) but I made sure there was plenty of shade to offset the light for the little guy. I plan to feed pellets/worms in the dish so it's easier cleanup.

So.
I'm a wee bit excited :) I've always been a huge reptile and amphibian person and that whole thing started when I got a red eared slider my freshman year. I've been super into aquatic tanks ever since, making the animals thrive, and axolotls are just such fascinating critters I finally saved up all the money I needed to put together a tank for one.

I'm looking at the sales page for lotls for sale, it's hard to choose where I want it from. I want a leucistic, 3-5 inches is fine with me. I'll be contacting someone tomorrow unless anyone here has a specific recommendation!

pHqBIzR.jpg

hrYKuKI.jpg

Covington

Reaction score
Margie was the breeder i got my two axies from - she's a forum member. They arrived in perfect health and are doing great in their new home. Highly recommend.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!