The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Book Reviews Post information about books and articles you have read.

Old 24th November 2007   #41
Ryan
(i_love_necturus)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Comments: 30
Rep: i_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and information

I doubt I'll be learning French anytime soon. I hope it comes out in English!

Old 25th November 2007   #42
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

YOu think a person could read it if they had, say, two years of French?
By the way, Olaf, how did you order it? It's not available on amazon.de or amazon.fr.

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007   #43
Jennewt
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

I had 3 years of French in high school and college and I can read most of it, although slowly. You'll quickly pick up some of the description-related words, such as "tache" (spots). Most of the biological words are similar to English or you can figure them out from context, for example "14 sillons costaux" = 14 costal grooves. A lot of scientific words are similar in all languages, and the text is written fairly simply.

The best way to order it from the US is probably to contact Jean Raffaelli directly. I think he gave his email address in one of the posts on this thread.

Old 26th November 2007   #44
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Thanks, Jen! I did notice it. I thought maybe by now it'd be on amazon, but I reread the thread and see I misunderstood something, that I can order it easily.

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007   #45
Olaf Czinczel
(olaf)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: olaf has started on the right path

Hello,
I ordered my copy from Chimaira, a german online bookshop specialized in herp books. I think Jean mentioned where you can order the book in the USA.
Olaf

olaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book, great, newts, raffaŽlli, salamanders, world

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 10th October 2018, 15:47 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.