Hello from Canada

kimax

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

I currently have 2 leucistic axolotls, one male and one female. The male is about a year and a half and the female is about 6 months old. I am acquiring a new tank for both of them (for once the female is quite a bit bigger of course) and needed some decorating ideas and came across this site. Looking forward to learning lots.

Kelly
Edmonton, AB, Canada

Hi Kelly,

Welcome to the site!

I always find decorating large tanks to be a bit daunting at first. Humming and harring for 15 minutes when putting in that first rock or plant, as there is just so much space...

...and then towards the end, trying to find a bit of space to put that last ornament in :eek:.

Many wonderful setup ideas can be found in the member galleries (linked in the green bar above), the axolotl gallery (in the Axolotl section of the forum), and in Caudata Culture (also linked above) there is a section devoted to both aquatic and non-aquatic tank setups - well worth a look.

Where did you get your axolotls? I am from ontario and am looking for one as well.
Thanks you for your time, trish

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back