Shelving

hannahll

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Hannah
I want to figure out a way to make some sort of perch or shelf on the back wall of my aquarium for my axolotls to sit on since they like using the top, middle, and bottom of the tank. I don't want it to be permanent and i want something that looks really nice and natural at the same time... Any ideas?

Maybe slate and silicone? I don't know the process for removing silicone though. Some people use shower caddies! You could get really good suction cups and some sort or aquarium safe plastic... hmm..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Maybe slate and silicone? I don't know the process for removing silicone though. Some people use shower caddies! You could get really good suction cups and some sort or aquarium safe plastic... hmm..

hmm... that's a good start.
i was thinking maybe a piece of plexi with some slate on top and suction cups somehow attached.. that's where i get stuck.

Well you could attach the suction cups with silicone. I was just thinking slate might be too heavy for the cups, but if you got really good ones, maybe. Oh and at one time I was thinking of using netting. Petco has this natural looking suction cupped net thing, and I thought my axie.might like it, but he's more of a bottom dweller anyways:p

oooh! netting sounds nifty

I have some sturdy plastic plants - my axies just hang out in the leaves.

But a shower shelf or caddy should be good too.

get one of those suction-cup turtle docks and just place it below the water's surface.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back