Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

RFP axies in the pet trade

Krispy

Reaction score
Are RFP axies available at all in the pet trade? I know that certain breeders produce them for scientific research purposes, but I'm curious if anyone sells them into the pet trade and if it is legal to do so. If so, who has them?

Birby

Reaction score
Are RFP axies available at all in the pet trade? I know that certain breeders produce them for scientific research purposes, but I'm curious if anyone sells them into the pet trade and if it is legal to do so. If so, who has them?

do you mean the glow in the dark axies?

Giuseppe

Reaction score
If you mean GFP "green flourescent protein" axolotl, then yes there are lots in the pet trade.

Giuseppe

Reaction score
Oh neat!! I'd love to see any info you have about it? I've never heard of that in axolotl and Google isnt being very helpful? But no I have not seen any labeled RFP in the pet trade.

Krispy

Reaction score
I've done more digging. RFPs are in the pet trade already, but many people don't realize it because you need a Cyan 488nm light(490nm or 500nm is the closest I've found on ebay). Just like UV light shows GFP, Cyan lighting shows RFP. You're axie could be RFP but you don't know it!

KumquatSquats

Reaction score
theres a listing for RFP lucy's near me currently, trying to contact the seller and see if i can get a specimen for myself

they seem hard to find but it might just be that they get sold as GFP as some have both NFP genes (so they glow purple/blue instead of solid green or red)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!